Click here to call us +61 2 9929 0226

Enquire Now Knowledge Library

Knowledge Library



← Return to Knowledge Library

How do you register a by-law?

Posted 20 May 2024

Category: By-Laws, eBooks

From 22 March 2021, Consolidation/Change of By-Laws dealings must be lodged electronically through Property Exchange Australia (“PEXA”), unless a waiver applies.

PEXA is an electronic platform which allows property transactions to take place in a short space of time. It streamlines the process of dealing with property through the use of electronic forms, which are lodged with Land Registry Services (“LRS”) in real-time and removes the requirement to lodge original documents over the counter.

It is worth noting that a change to the by-laws must be lodged within 6 months of passing the special resolution (i.e. the date of general meeting approving the by-law).

resource thumbnail

This is an extract from our Bannermans By-Laws FAQ eBook.

To access more FAQ'S on By-Laws fill in the below form to download our Bannermans By-Laws FAQ eBook for free.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Bannermans Lawyers

Published 20 May 2024